Vector K10 - Review


This gun handles really nice. It is fairly small and compact, so it doesn't take up too much space on the screen. I've never felt that this gun is too big playing either solo or split screen. The recoil just works for me. It is very predictable, always up. I usually need quite a few bullets to get the guy and I need a little more time to focus on target, so I like that the bullets fly on target after a few initial shots. Muzzle flash is well below the weapon sights, so I have no problem following a smaller target when I am full auto. I'm not really a fan of totally open iron sights, but these work. I know instinctivly where the point is that bullets fly to. I don't have to think is it in the middle of the sights, or higher or lower.

The damage feels fine to me. Looking at the stats, the weapon is nothing special and the damage drop-off is nothing that will stand out from the other guns. The fact that a lot of bullets hit the target because of very manageable recoil helps with this gun feeling strong. In very close situations I will be outpowered and outgunned. But I will be that anyway because of the lag/lag compensation. It's mostly close to medium range fights that I find myself in when using a submachine gun and this is the range that this weapon excells for me.

Reload time of this weapon feels proper. It does not feel the fastest of the reloads, but it's not really hampering my game. I do not feel I need be using a fast mag attachment with it. The magazine size is pretty solid, I can dispatch 2 villains a vast majority of time and I don't really think I should be taking my chances against more than two at a time. So I also don't feel the need to add extended mags on it.

My normal attachments for this gun are fore grip and laser sight. Laser sight because my game is run & gun style. There are times I'm more effective when I can just react and shoot and not focus that much on accuracy that aiming down the sights gives. I find fore grip the attachment that gives me most advantage on long distances. Rapid fire would be one of those "obvious" attachments to pick, but I don't like how the recoil feels. I also don't like to use the silencer, because hearing gunshots makes me more engaged in the game and focus more. As for perks, the ones that I use are Flak jacket, Toughness and Tactical mask. Even though I could probably gain more from Lightweight and Dexterity, I feel that with all those bouncing betties and shock charges these perks fit my SMG run & gun style better.

Vector K10 - Final

Overall I like this weapon. I'm not particularly fond of submachine guns, even though majority of people swear by them in this game. I just lag or am lag compensated too much for using SMGs well. However this is the first weapon I've max prestiged and when I pick up a submachine gun this is the one that I choose. I don't find any of the submachine guns powerful enough, so I usually choose the one that I find the most accurate and that is Vector K10.